Doctors investigating a baby’s persistent cough were astonished to discover a light bulb in her lung.
Little Ariba Khan is thought to have swallowed the tiny LED light while playing with a toy mobile phone.
Her worried dad Naushad took her to the hospital when she started suffering from persistent coughing and a fever, and she was X-rayed.
It revealed a little bulb was trapped in her right bronchus — the tube going to the lung — which was pulled out using forceps.
Ariba, from Chiplun, in southwest India, is now recovering at home.
Dr. Minnie Bodhanwala, CEO at Wadia Hospital, said: “The child swallowed a LED bulb while playing with a toy mobile.”
“The parents presumed that she swallowed a thread.”
“An X-ray then revealed a foreign body in the right bronchus (lung).”
She was given antibiotics and steroids to clear an infection caused by the bulb before it was removed.
Dr. Divya Prabhat, Head of ENT department at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital, who conducted the procedure, added: “Within two minutes this foreign body was removed using forceps.”
“To our surprise, this happened to be a one inch LED bulb, which I have not seen before, despite performing thousands of bronchoscopies.”
Credit: NY Post