1-year-old girl nearly dies after swallowing her mother’s heroin

A baby was rushed to a hospital after finding and swallowing her mother’s heroin, according to police in Ohio.

Portsmouth police said that they have arrested 41-year-old Jason Bolden and 26-year-old Brandy Estep, after their 18-month-old daughter suffered from a heroin overdose.

Both suspects have been charged with child endangering. If convicted, the parents face up to three years in prison.

According to the police investigation, the young girl found her mother’s heroin stash and walked out of the home. She was then seen swallowing the heroin on the sidewalk in front of a home on the 1200 block of Robinson Avenue.

After a few minutes, the girl passed out and had difficulty breathing. Bolden gave the toddler Narcan, but he refused to take her to a hospital for fear of being arrested.

Eventually, a neighbor persuaded him to take the child to the hospital. The girl was admitted to the Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where she is being treated in the Intensive Care Unit.

She is said to be in critical but stable condition. The girl will be handed over to the custody of Child Protective Services when she is released from the hospital.

Credit: WorldWide Weird News

Leave a Reply