The Texas teen who was electrocuted earlier this month in the bath sent a photo to a friend before her death.
Madison Coe, 14, was at her father’s home July 9 in Lovington, New Mexico when she died while using her cellphone in a bathtub, according to news station KCBD.
Police have released the final text she sent from her phone which included an image of her phone charger plugged into an extension cord.
“When you use [an] extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you’re in the bath,” the message said.
Authorities determined the fatal mishap was caused by when the 14-year-old touched a frayed part of the extension cord. Coe’s parents released the photo to raise awareness of the dangers of portable electronic devices.
Coe, who was from Lubbock, Texas, had recently completed eighth grade at Terra Vista Middle School.
Friends raised more than $12,000 on GoFundMe to help her family after her death.
Credit: NY Post