An Ohio woman successfully used rubbing alcohol to rid her house of bed bugs — because she also burned her entire home to the ground in the process.
The unidentified Cincinnati woman was dousing the infestation with the highly flammable liquid near an open flame Friday when she inadvertently sparked the conflagration, officials said.
Three people were injured, and 10 left homeless, by the bizarre eradication attempt. The blaze managed to spread quickly through the five-unit home, doing some $250,000 in damages.
“My House caught fire n got burned down – all my stuff is gone maaaaaan,” former resident Kamaron Lyshe wrote on Facebook, alongside a video of the burning building.
Amazingly, this is the second inferno in the city in as many weeks sparked by residents attempting to kill bed bugs with alcohol and fire.
A 13-year-old boy using the precarious combo to battle the pests left eight neighbors homeless last month.
The Cincinnati Fire Department has advised residents to hire professionals to battle future infestations, per a department announcement.
Credit: NY Post